Lowering EMF Exposure
1. Unplug wifi router and cordless phones at bedtime (or use an electric timer)
also turn off cellphones (or put in airplane mode with wifi/bluetooth turned off)
2. Use a wired keyboard and mouse
3. Switch to a wired ethernet computer connection using an ethernet cable
to your router
- In your computer settings - disable wifi/bluetooth and enable ethernet
- for room to room connections use TP Link AV600
4. Go online to turn off wifi on the router
- Check router settings to be sure wifi hotspot is also turned off
Comcast Xfinity -
AT&T Uverse -
5. Use a wired ethernet connection for ipad and iphone
You will need these two adapters:
1) Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
2) USB 2.0 Ethernet Network Adapter
6. Use only incandescent light bulbs - healthier than fluorescent, CFL or LED
7. Opt out from SmartMeters
You can opt out of SmartMeter participation with one of the following methods:
- Submit a SmartMeter™ Opt-Out Form online
- Submit a request in-person at your local PG&E office. Find your local PG&E office. Download Office Locations by Area (PDF, 291 KB)PDF.
- Call the SmartMeter line at 1-866-743-0263.
8. Keep cell phones away from your body - use speaker or airtube headset.
Put in airplane mode (disable wifi/bluetooth) or turn off when not in use.
9. Wifi routers should be kept at least 10 ft. away.
10. DECT cordless phones (charging base) emit very high wireless radiation - Corded phones are a better solution - or a low Emf version 900 Mhz cordless phone (available on Ebay)
11. Turn off electricity to the bedroom at night
“The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs” by Nicolas Pineault